Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bouchercon

My big thrill so far was sitting between Bill Crider and Lee Child on my panel. Sadly they both had to remind me to use the microphone everytime I spoke. That learning curve is getting to be a long one.
Other tidbits: could Jen Jordan be any more gorgeous? Could Vicki Hendrick be any nicer? Could Judy Bobalick and the Jordans work any harder without complaint? Could Laura Lippman be more of an inspiration in every way to the 2000 people here? Is there anyone more gregarious than Val McDermid-to friend and fan alike.
It was awfully nice to have my story in the Boucercon issue of Crimespree and really nice to meet the people I have met. A day and half is enough for me though.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, you remembered to use the microphone once, didn't you? Even if you didn't, you did fine as a panelist.

Anonymous said...

I had a blast on the panel with you, and I keep hearing great feedback about it, which I guess means we all did well, and Dana was a great moderator ;-)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Yes, people did seem to enjoy it. THanks to both of you for keeping the stress level low.

Peter Rozovsky said...

My own tidbits added up to a feast. It was a pleasure to meet you.
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

Jen Jordan said...

So fantastic to see you!

You, my dear, were a star and a half. Is there an astronomical termn for that?

pattinase (abbott) said...

No, the Jordans and Judy are the gems. And flawless ones.

Cormac Brown said...

Better to forget the mic, than to give your audience an earful of reverb. Uh, Reed knows you gave birth to her, right?

pattinase (abbott) said...

I'm sure he didn't know I was there but it would have been nice.

Dana King said...

I was at that panel and enjoyed it thoroughly.There are several books mentioned that are now on my To Be Bought list.

Bouchercon is the one conference that truly gets more expensive after you leave.