Monday, June 08, 2015

First Book Event

My first reading went very well and they sold all the books they had ordered. People asked great questions-at least 15 or so. Some of them had never occurred to me. It pays to have a lot of readers, writers and teachers in the crowd.

I wasn't nervous at all once it got started. And once I had gotten a laugh or two. Thanks for your encouragement and your ideas about what to do. Jeff's idea about having Phil ready got a big laugh.. So too,  Yvette's reminiscences of seeing and swooning over Crais and Child. And a huge laugh over the line that the questions people posed might not be that great. So you are my standup act,

dear friends.

Here are a couple of pics.

15 comments:

Jeff Meyerson said...

That's great. I knew you'd be fine once you started. I hope it's the first of many.

Jeff M.

PS - Jackie wants to make sure you know it was her idea about Phil.

Jeff Meyerson said...

Just kidding about that.

Jeff

pattinase (abbott) said...

This was supposed to come up tomorrow. Uh,oh.

Al Tucher said...

We knew you could do it. Now you know too.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Congratulations, Patti! Wish I was there to listen to your talk.

seana graham said...

Great. Onward!

Deb said...

Congratulations--and I LOVE that necklace!

Deb said...

Or is it a scarf? My eyes are awful! Either way, it's lovely.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Necklace and thanks!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!
BTW, Crimes in the Library, listed below, has been revived and reactivated.
http://crimesinthelibrary.blogspot.com/

Dana King said...

See? Told ya.

Charles Gramlich said...

Ecxellent! Very glad to hear all went well.

Anonymous said...

Well done, Patti!! I'm so happy it went well :-)

Rick Robinson said...

I'm so pleased it went well. Official publication day! When you started writing it, did you ever think you'd get here?

pattinase (abbott) said...

Absolutely not, Rick. Never even entered my mind.