Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Forgotten Movies, THE JAGGED EDGE



I know I saw this movie in the eighties at the theater but surprisingly little of the story stayed with me. Including the twists of which there are several. Jeff Bridges plays a newspaper editor accused of murdering his wife and maid. All of the assets including the business were hers. Motive.
Glenn Close, a former prosecutor, suffering  PTSD from a bad case and now practicing corporate law, reluctantly takes him on. And, of course, a romantic relationship develops. The film suffers from mediocre at best direction and some inconsistent acting, but on the whole, I liked it well enough. It is hard to say more than this without spoilers. All in all, a B- movies for me.

9 comments:

George said...

I saw THE JAGGED EDGE decades ago. I'll see if I can find a copy online.

Jeff Meyerson said...

Saw it. Mediocre and predictable, but Robert Loggia was great.

pattinase (abbott) said...

He was certainly the most engaged in his performance.

Al Tucher said...

The ending created some confusion that was controversial at the time. I don't think this is a spoiler).

pattinase (abbott) said...

Trying to think what that might be.

Steve Oerkfitz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve Oerkfitz said...

The 3:36 comment was not mine.

Anonymous said...

I remember this film, Patti! It might not have been Glenn Close's best performance, but I liked the film well enough, and I agree: Loggia was quite good in it.

Gerard Saylor said...

I remember parts of this flick fairly well. I also recall the movie being kind of a big deal at the time.

The ending controversy - without spoiler - was that some of the audience were unable to tell who the culprit was in the end. The camera angle and brief view made it difficult to identify the person.

The film's lasting fame will likely be the costuming errors during the trial when Close's garments change from shot to shot.