Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Bill Crider Day on December 15th on FFB

Friday, December 15 will be Bill Crider Day on Friday Forgotten Books. If you would like to participate, either with a book review of one of his books or a remembrance, or a review of a short story, you can post it on my blog or your own should you have one. If you message me, I will give you my email to send it to. If you can get it to me a day or two before then, that would be great. Even Facebook reviews will work.All reviews are welcome.
Bill Crider was the first person I asked to write a review ten years ago when I began FFB.. I expected him to write one for the first week. Instead he has written over 500 reviews of books, never missing one that I remember. Let's honor Bill and his writing life on Dec, 15th. There is much to honor Bill for, let this be the firs

8 comments:

Jerry House said...

Great idea, Patti!

For me, and I suspect for you and so many others, every day will be Bill Crider Day.

pattinase (abbott) said...

You said it, Jerry. Along with Ed Gorman, Ron Scheer and Randy Johnson.

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll take part. I'll post along on my blog

George said...

I'm heart-broken over the latest Bill Crider news. I'll be posting about Bill on November 15.

I'm glad we got to spend time with Bill at the BOUCHERCON in Toronto. And, a few weeks later, I was able to hang out with Bill at the World Fantasy Convention in San Antonio. I'll cherish those memories.

Jeff Meyerson said...

What a perfect tribute! Great idea. I will definitely send you something. Like George, I've known Bill for 40 years through DAPA-EM (at first) and consider him a close friend. We first met in person at the 1980 Washington Bouchercon and I've read almost everything of his I could get my hands on. I still have one western and the Jack MacLane horror stuff to read, as well as a few ghosted books. He never disappoints as a writer, and he had never disappointed any of us as a person.

Yvette said...

A grand idea, Patti. I'm beginning with the first Dan Rhodes mystery so I'll be talking about that next week. I'm not familiar with Bill Crider's work but I've always heard nothing but good things about him as a man and a writer. I'm saddened by today's news. We don't have too many good people to spare.

Rick Robinson said...

I'm in.

TracyK said...

Me too. I will either post it on Dec. 13 or 14th.