Tuesday, December 19, 2017

BIG NIGHT

I have always enjoyed movies about food and this is one of the best, Stanley Tucci and Tony Shahloub play brothers running a restaurant struggling to survive. Shaloub's stubborness in what they will servie and how they will serve it is part of the problem. But this movie is much more than that. It creates a world and a relationship between two brothers. I think it is near perfect.

I was reminded of it today when I saw Keely Smith had died. Louis Prima was her singing partner and he plays a big part (or not) in BIG NIGHT. The last scene of the movie is perfect indeed. The film was directed by Campbell Scott and Stanley Tucci.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE ABOUT FOOD?

But here is Louis Prima and Keely Smith.




11 comments:

Steve Oerkfitz said...

Tampopo, The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, Her Lover or Delicatessen. Could try and be funny and mention Soylent Green.

Jeff Meyerson said...

None of those would make my list.

Patti, BIG NIGHT was an answer on Jeopardy last week.

Alphabetically :

Big Night
Chef
Eat Drink Man Woman

pattinase (abbott) said...

How about Babette's Feast?

Charles Gramlich said...

I didn't know there were movies about food

George said...

WAITRESS. Love the movie and we see the musical version in a couple of months.

Al Tucher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pattinase (abbott) said...

WAITRESS was good.

TracyK said...

WHAT'S COOKING? is my favorite (and also the only one I remember that is specifically related to food). I just read the summary of WHAT'S COOKING? and I am going to have to find a copy to watch again.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I have never heard of WHAT'S COOKING. Will check it out.

George said...

PARIS CAN WAIT was all about food (and love), too.

Anonymous said...

This is one I haven't seen, Patti. Glad you enjoyed it.