Sunday, April 12, 2015

Ron is Gone.

And I am sick with grief as are all of us. Wish we had been able to meet last year as intended. But I will carry his wonderful frontier definitions, book reviews of early frontier fiction, and enormous heart with me always. His journal from the last year touched me every week. He turned his death into poetry as few people can. Never maudlin, always brave and honest it was a model for all of us.

Sometimes someone you apparently have little in common with turns out to be the most kindred spirit of all.

Love you, Ron.

12 comments:

Laurie Powers said...

I have been dreading this day. Ron was a brilliant writer and one of the kindest human beings. I can only take comfort in the fact that his suffering is over. I really can't say anything more than that.

Anonymous said...

Never was there a more blessed and wise and affectionate person. He threw bright light upon my field and my life's work. I will miss him always.

Todd Mason said...

"You've got to be kind." Ron was certainly that, and generous.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I hope he had some sense of how much he was loved. And though we never met, I felt his presence through his cancer journal every Sunday.

Rick Robinson said...

First I'd heard. So, so sorry. RIP, Ron, you'll be missed.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Patti, I never wanted to see this day. I'm going to miss his presence and his company. Blogging brought us together and I have been the richer and wiser for knowing Ron.

Cap'n Bob said...

So sad. Condolences to his family and friends.

BV Lawson said...

Awful news. Feels like we lost part of our family, at least our "Friday Family." So grateful for the years of writing and blogging he gave us. He'll be sorely missed.

Charles Gramlich said...

The whole world takes a hit when folks like Ron pass.

Loren Eaton said...

I'm very sorry to hear this.

neer said...

Sorry to hear about this. Just visited his blog and read his last poignant post about wishing to reconnect with his son. Here's praying he was able to do it. May his soul RIP.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Yes, he did have a final reunion with his son. The one good thing....