Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Life at the Theater: GUYS ON ICE




I saw this at the Purple Rose Theater in Chelsea Michigan. I am guessing it was in 2001 because Jeff Daniels' notes on the first page talk about needing a silly play like this one after the recent events. Although God knows, there are always horrific recent events it seems.
Anyway, as hard as it is to believe, this is a musical about ice fishing in Wisconsin. Lots of tunes, lots of jokes. It was written by Fred Allen with James Kaplan as composer. It's a local favorite.

6 comments:

neer said...

Hi Patti

Here's my entry for the FFB: Inqilab by K.A. Abbas

http://inkquilletc.blogspot.in/2012/08/pages-from-past-inqilab-by-khwaja-ahmed.html



thanks

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Patti, I won't have an FFB this week due to pressing family issues. Many thanks

Anonymous said...

Patti - Oh, this is a show I'm not familiar with; thanks for sharing the scene.

JK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JK said...

The show still gets produced all the time. Check out www.guysonice.com

pattinase (abbott) said...

It gets produced here all the time. It speaks to us.