Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Five Things I'd Tell the Teenage Me
What Things Would You Pick?
1. You are neither as cool as you seemed in sixth or eleventh grade nor the klutzy nerd you seemed in eighth or tenth. So don't get a big head, but don't hang it either.
2. Boys "things" don't fall off if you don't have sex with them. They are not in mortal pain either.
3. Girls can be good at math--if they pay attention. Don't listen to those male math teachers. You will be the star in your math class in college at age 48. Sadly, it was the math you should have learned at age 14.
4. Spend more time with your parents. The kids you are with at 16 will disappear from your life forever.
5. Don't smoke. It is not as easy as you might think to quit.