Monday, January 05, 2009

FLASH FICTION CHALLENGE: PASS IT ON

Philip Dick reading.



Here's a flash fiction challenge to complete by February 10th from Gerald, Aldo and me. I got the idea on the Women of Mystery's blog where Terrie Moran wrote two lines that I wanted to steal.

So now we can all steal. Or get a kick start on a new flash from someone else's words. Or work in tandem. Whatever.

First, sign up to play by January 13th.
Second, write the first paragraph of a story, (say 3-6 lines.)It doesn't need to be about Valentine's Day).
Third, send your paragraph to me by January 20th (aa2579@wayne.edu. I will stir the pot and send it back out to another writer.
Fourth-write a 750 (or so) word story using it.
Fifth, post it on your own blog or with Mystery Dawg at Powder Burn Flash on February 10th.
Sixth-I'll let you know whose lines you used when it's over.

Just write a first paragraph, something you might use yourself--the best you can come up with, and you're off. Does this sound doable? Does this sound like fun
?
I never know. Maybe it's just fun in my head.

28 comments:

Scott D. Parker said...

I'm game. I actually enjoy writing something from a given set of words/sentences.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Cool, Scott. Got you down.

sandra seamans said...

Sign me up, too. It sounds like fun.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I was hoping to lure you in, Sandra. I thought you'd be done Clarity in time.

Megan said...

I'll give it a whirl.

Anonymous said...

In.

John McAuley

pattinase (abbott) said...

Great, guys. Thanks.

Paul D Brazill said...

I'll give it a shot, and I think Cormac will be up for it too.He's bloody good at this stuff!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Great, Paul. I'm waiting on Cormac.

Sandra Scoppettone said...

Count me in. Why do you say, (It doesn't need to be about Valentine's Day)?

pattinase (abbott) said...

Great, Sandra. Because we did one for that last year and my original date was a week later. I should have excised that line.

David Cranmer said...

Darnit! This is the second time I'm going to have to pass. Just this morning I promised an entry to a contest on another site that's also due in the next few weeks, and I'm afraid I don't have the talent to balance both... I will be eagerly following your flash challenge.

pattinase (abbott) said...

We'll get you sooner or later, David.

Jacob Weaver said...

Bummer, I don't think I have the chops to pull this off quite yet. It sounds like a lot of fun though. I can't wait to read them all!

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Count me in if there's still room.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Always, Patrick.

John McFetridge said...

Yeah, I want to play, too.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Oh, I can't miss this one. Sign me up.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Great, John and Stephen. It's gonna be fun.

r2 said...

I'm up for it.

Unknown said...

I'll give it a shot, Patti

Steve Allan said...

I'm game. Sounds like fun.

Cormac Brown said...

Don't wait for me, I'm in.

Sorry, I was thrashed yesterday and was slightly confused by the requirements being different from the usual.

inkgrrl said...

Ooh! I love this kind of fun. Sign me up too.

Anonymous said...

Sign me up also. Thanks.

Ray said...

Bring it on, kid. I enjoyed the last flash fiction challenge.

Anonymous said...

If amateurs are allowed in, I'd like to play.

Anonymous said...

Hello. paul d brazill suggested I submit - sounds like a good challenge. I have my bit done, I'll send it, and if you want to include me, that will great. Thanks!