Thursday, January 29, 2009

Car Wash


Stephen King reading.




I think I've mentioned here before that my 26 month old grandson became interested in car washes sometime before Christmas and that interest has yet to fade. We spend a lot of time looking at car washes online.






Although a lot of the pictures are like this. I had no idea this was a hot topic.






We also make car washes out of all sorts of thing, but he has always backed out of going to one. We get near there and he says, "Go library, do puzzles." Or "How about train store?"

But today we mastered the fear and watched through the window as Poppop and Nana's car went through the car wash. When it was done, he said, "Now, go to hospicle." So tomorrow hospicle, but what do we watch there?

8 comments:

Sepiru Chris said...

Hello Pattinase,

I wanted to say thank you for your e-additions to the e-world...

Thanks.

I have given you an award here:

http://e-cuneiform.blogspot.com/2009/01/premio-dardos-award.html

No need, though, to do anything at all. I just wanted to thank you publicly.

Tschüss,
(Sepiru) Chris

pattinase (abbott) said...

You are dear.

Charles Gramlich said...

Hospickle sounds like a combination of hopice and popsickle. Might be a good idea.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I'm not sure he has any idea what it is for that matter.

Paul D Brazill said...

When i was a kid, and the first carwashes appeared in my town, i imagined that they were made from the legs of giant Wombles!

Anonymous said...

Charles is right. "Hospicle" add a "k" and you have a premise for a children's book...the place where sick, moldy condiments go to get better. Umm, can i use that for my 4YO's bedtime story tonight? the stuff with guns, meh, she's just not interested...although she sat 4 a while with me when i watched "the third man" again.

Todd Mason said...

In re Hot Topic, recall COOL HAND LUKE. Might not've been the first in "mainstream" film, but might've. CAR WASH, BRING IT ON and others have kept the trope alive, along with any number of beer ads.

pattinase (abbott) said...

The Third Man at four. SOunds like a brilliant future although I have to say Megan watched movies like that not much older. We had a son who watched sports at six (we did not) and a daughter who loved noir by eight. What did we do wrong.