Tuesday, January 06, 2009

A Collapsing of Dates for the Flash

Since half of you FF players have already sent me a first paragraph, I am going to assume I gave us too long of a timeline here and suggest everyone has the paragraph to me by the 13th instead of the 20th. That will give us an extra week to work on the story. Probably you guys don't need a month to do that either but I am loathe to change that end date in case we do need it. But at any rate, send me your paragraph by Monday and I will send each of you one to work with by the 14th.
Eighteen people have signed up. And it's not too late for more. Anyone who comes to this post too late gets one of mine. I'll post a reminder of this on Saturday in case anyone misses it. Does that sound okay?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. I write one syllable a day, spend the next day editing, multiply that by..Aww, what the hell, lets roll.

[Seriously; I know this is going to be a lot of work for you Patti, so thanks in advance for throwing the shindig.]

John McAuley

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, John. Just a few sentences and you have a month to churn out those 700 or so words. I've spent an hour on my five sentences so far. I just can't not edit and edit and....

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about this. There's a cocktail of dread and desire going on here, wondering what's going to land on your doorstep, all on the fate of a shuffle. It's kind of creepy....

pattinase (abbott) said...

It's creepy looking at how we all think alike. Where did they train us?

Mystery Dawg said...

Can I play too?

Ray said...

One question. Or I might just be being a bit thick but that paragraph we receive - does it have to be used as the opener for the story or used anywhere within the story?

pattinase (abbott) said...

Aldo, Paul and Ray on the list. Great! ]

pattinase (abbott) said...

I've been thinking about it and I think keeping it as the opening paragraph might be the best thing. Otherwise, it's too easy to ignore it and hence the challenge is lost. I hope that's okay.

WellesFan said...

I am filled with dread and an odd sense of foreboding, but count me in.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Ah, it's just us reading it. What have you got to lose? Okay, maybe your self-respect but whoever counts on that?

Paul D Brazill said...

well, this will be my first step outside '6 sentences'. I've been trying to push myself to send something to Poweder Burn for a month or two so...

Cormac Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.