Monday, January 03, 2011

DAMN NEAR DEAD 2


Got its first real review at Mostly Fiction this week and it was a nice one. The book has been struggling in almost every way since the death of the creative force behind it, David Thompson. The hand-off of Busted Flush Press to Tyrus Publications could not have come at a worst time for the book. Or for David, of course.

The book exists and can be ordered on Amazon and other such online sites. A few other stores seem to have it. Bill Crider, its editor, has tried hard to get it onto shelves. I don't think the trouble is anyone's fault. Just bad timing all around.

I am not pushing the book because I have a story on it or because I know the cover girl or because there are great stories by many swell writers inside. Or even because it was edited by Bill.

I am pushing it because it was David's pet project and I want it to succeed on some level to honor him. Thanks to those of you who found a home for it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my copy of course, but I'm saving it to read on vacation. I was sorry to read on Bill's blog all the problems the book has gone through.

Jeff M.

pattinase (abbott) said...

When there were no copies at Noircon with a panel about it and a big crowd, I knew we were in trouble. Thanks for buying one, Jeff. When do you leave for FLA.

Randy Johnson said...

I don't have it in my hands yet, but it's headed my way.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Hope you like it, Randy. Thanks!

Naomi Johnson said...

Just ordered my copy. Thanks for the reminder, Patti.

Todd Mason said...

And everyone who bought it a NoirCon presumably has received theirs by now. At least, I have mine.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Me, too. Those poor guys took a beating on absorbing the mailing costs. What a mess.
Thanks, Naomi.

Anonymous said...

We're not leaving until the end of the month (the 27) and will be home March 7. But we're also going to New Orleans for three days next week.

Jeff M.