Monday, January 02, 2017

Favorite Movies of 2016



MOONLIGHT-absolutely the best movie I saw last year.
FENCES-So much talent. 
JACKIE-a terrific performance and an artistic achievement
MANCHESTER BY THE SEA-another heart-breaker and another great performance-well, two really
O.J. MADE IN AMERICA-They released this theatrically
LALA LAND, a charming musical
HELL OR HIGH WATER-a western so well done.
CLASS DIVIDE-a doc that really kept our attention
AMERICAN HONEY-how the milennials are ripe for exploitation
LOVING-two great performances in a low-keyed take on the court case
WIENER DOG-you couldn't write this stuff
THE WITCH-mesmerizing take on a Puritan-era family's tussle with the supernatural
EYE ON THE SKY-the best thriller I saw last year.

I could go on but twelve is enough. How about your favorites of 2016.

10 comments:

Jeff Meyerson said...

The only one we've seen so far is EYE IN THE SKY.

We hope to catch up in Florida.

Charles Gramlich said...

I haven't seen any of these. I liked Tomorrowland pretty well. I think that was 2016.

Steve Oerkfitz said...

The Handmaiden
The Wailing
Hell or High Water
The Arrival
Hacksaw Ridge
Manchester By the Sea
La La Land
Eye In the Sky

Didn't much care for Loving ( no dramatic tension, fell kind of flat)
Moonlight-a well done sfterschool special
Jackie I have no desire to see-she lost all interest to me when she married that rich troll Onassis.
Haven't seen The Silence of Fences. American Honey is on it's way from Netflix.

pattinase (abbott) said...

THE WAILING passed us by. I am hoping to catch Hacksaw Ridge but am running out of time. The Handmaiden made my husband's list.

Steve Oerkfitz said...

I had to see The Wailing on blu ray.
That was supposed to The Silence or Fences.

David Cranmer said...

I need to watch HELL OR HIGH WATER. Hearing so many good things about that one.

pattinase (abbott) said...

You will love it,David!

George said...

Maybe it's just the mood I'm in but I enjoyed LA LA LAND the most.

Al Tucher said...

Patti, i think MANCHESTER BY THE SEA might be remembered in years to come as one of the truly great and legendary movies like CASABLANCA or MR SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON.

HuyenPham said...

Update new movies and download showbox versions for android and ios easily with the website showboxvpn. All problems are solved with a system of showboxs regularly updated for US people!