Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Bad Movies That Deserve a Good Remake: THE AVENGERS


Loved the TV show and was so excited when I heard a movie was being made-I was a bit worried about the casting (Fiennes and Uma) and the movie turned how to be a real dud. I think a great movie can be made from this source material--but this script, this cast, and this director were the wrong choices. Try again, Hollywood. You can get the sixties vibe if you try harder.

What movie do you think had the potential to be great and wasn't.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonfire of the Vanities
1941
V. I. Warshawski


Jeff M.

George said...

THE AVENGERS may be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I've tried for years to forget it. JOHN CARTER OF MARS needs the MARVEL treatment so they film the whole Mars series.

Chad Eagleton said...

The Avengers could have been good. It should have been good. I loved the show, and there’s a current run of comics that’s pretty fantastic. But Warner Brothers screwed the film version up royally. Part of it, I think, was their decision to chop the film down from almost two hours to not even a full hour and a half after the first test screening. So what we got was an incoherent mess where things just happen and don’t make much sense.

Sergio (Tipping My Fedora) said...

Either that or at lest a chance to look at the original version of this before it got completely mangled in post-production - used to love the TV show!

Charles Gramlich said...

I saw the movie but remember virtually nothing about it. Guess that says something.

Graham Powell said...

It was a mess but had some nice surreal moments. I thought both leads were a little too proper, and not quite playful enough. Shoulda been a contender.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

AVATAR

Unknown said...

Ditto The Avengers. The Matt Helm films.