Sunday, February 28, 2016

CONCRETE ANGEL takes place in Philly in the sixties and seventies. Here is Eve Moran and her daughter, Christine. (not really, it's my mom and me) setting out to snatch goods from downtown stores while the staff is diverted by a snowstorm. Perhaps you might consider CONCRETE ANGEL (Polis Books) for a best first novel Anthony Award nomination
 Anyone who attended last year's Bouchercon in Raleigh or is going to this year in New Orleans should have received a ballot. Thanks for your consideration. Incidentally that's a pink and gray 1955 Bel Air that I learned to drive in.

Pass this along if you have a friend who's eligible to vote. 

13 comments:

Rick Robinson said...

Not going, can't vote but I would if I could.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, Rick. Your support means everything.

TracyK said...

I am definitely with Rick, I would if I could. CONCRETE ANGEL was one of the best books I read this year, by any author, old or new.

I tested my husband on identifying the car in the picture, he remembers cars of that vintage, and he did get that it was 1955 or 56 Chevy. Amazing. I love the picture, with the snow.

Cap'n Bob said...

I wish I had that car now.

Chris said...

Great book, great photo.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks! I am so grateful for the support people on here give me. And this blog is open to anyone with anything they'd like to talk about (stories, books, etc.)
The men on our street had to shovel it out after that snowfall. There were no snow plows in our neighborhood. And for a time that street was two way! I wish I had that car now too although it was a great car for stalling.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeff Meyerson said...

I'll try and remember to vote when I get back to the hotel later. The wifi here sucks.

Terrific book, by the way, for anyone who hasn't read it.

Jeff Meyerson said...

I'll try and remember to vote when I get back to the hotel later. The wifi here sucks.

Terrific book, by the way, for anyone who hasn't read it.

Jeff Meyerson said...

Twice

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, Jeff!!

Cap'n Bob said...

Spammed again. You sure draw them, Patti.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I do. I wonder why.