Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Less than one Week to Go to: Walmart, I Love You

(Let me know if you are posting a review this Friday and I will post your link.)

And check out latecomer, Laurie Powers fabulous ode to THAT GIRL, also my favorite show of my teenage years.









Here are the writers who emailed me or left comments they were going to participate. If life caught up with you and you couldn't make time, no sweat as Wally Cleaver might have said.

Just let me know your general URL if you're going to post a story by the 28th so I have time to get them in order for the 30th. A few of those listed below have notified Aldo and their stories will appear on Powder Burn Flash.

Here's the original post for those who missed it.


Evan Lewis
Sandra Seamans (maybe)
John D
Dana King
Kieran Shea
Loren Eaton
Fleur Bradley
Keith Rawson
Dorte H
Eric Beetner
Eric Peterson
Bryon Q.
P.M.
The Walking Man (maybe)
Christopher Grant
Charles Gramlich
Kathleen Ryan
R2
Katt Dunsmore
Garnett Elliott
Kate Thornton
Jack Bates
Jerry House
Cindy Woods
Chad Eagleton
Cormac Brown
Patrick Bagley (maybe)
Al Tucher
Stephen Rogers
Kaye George
Jimmy Calloway
John Weagly
Patti Abbott
John McFetridge
Alan Griffiths
Todd Mason
Steve Weddle
Daniel O'Shea



  • Did I miss anyone?

16 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Hi Patti, I'm afraid I came up with NOTHING so I'll have to pass.

Todd Mason said...

My browser sure doesn't love that Wal*Mart mockery site. I have to wonder if it isn't malicious toward more than its deserving target. I'm in, for FFB and vignette.

Dana King said...

That's quite a list. I'm looking forward to reading the other stories; the "cake in the road" collection was excellent.

Steve Weddle said...

Dang, that's some talent.

Unknown said...

I'll have a review this Friday, Patti.

Tina Hunter said...

Hey this sounds like fun. unfortunately I'm doing NaNo right now and I'm too far behind to play.

In case you're interested, there is a contest by a Canadian publisher called the Flash Fiction Challenge. You should take a look. Next one opens on December 1st.

http://absolute-x-press.com/flash-fiction-challenge/

I look forward to reading the results of this challenge. Cheers

Unknown said...

I think that's the most writers I've ever seen participate in a FFC. Very cool.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, Tina. Maybe next time. Great, Bill. I added Dan. I just hope I get all these links up in time.

Alan Griffiths said...

Hi Patti,

I'm still up for this and thanks for letting me participate. Just hope I can do myself justice, that's a line up full of talent...

I'll post my effort on the 30th on Brit Grit: http://britgrit.blogspot.com/

Kind regards.

Alan

Steve Weddle said...

As a former WalMart employee (huzzah! automotive department) I'm especially looking forward to this.

Eric Beetner said...

That's a lot of reading next Monday! Sounds like Steve has an unfair advantage:) I'm reading his story first.

David Cranmer said...

I will be back soon I hope.

pattinase (abbott) said...

David-will you be home for Christmas?
I have only been in a Walmart once so I am at an unfair advantage. I'll take any excuse I can get for a story that still hasn't jelled.

Kathleen A. Ryan said...

I'm still in, Patti...

On Monday I'll be posting at http://www.womenofmystery.net

Thanks -- and I can't wait to read these!

Steve Weddle said...

Woohoo. Nearly there. Can't wait.

Oh, and thanks, Eric. I added an extra splash of blood just for you.

Jay Stringer said...

Mine's confirmed now, sandwiched on DoSomeDamage between two pieces of awsome by Weddle and McFet.