Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Finale of the first FRIDAYS--Yesterdays' Picks

I wanted to round up yesterday's picks for one-stop shopping for those who have a limited amount of time to visit blogs, but more time to read books. What a wonderfully diverse selection they were too. Thanks for participating and I hope everyone in all genres will jump onboard in the coming weeks. If you don't have a blog but would like to recommend a book, email me and I'll post your recommendation on my blogs on FRIDAYS. Also if you're going to post one on your blog and would like me to give the link, that's fine too.

Thanks. I'm off to find a few of these.

City by Clifford D. Simak (Bill Crider)
The Lady in the Lake by Raymond Chandler (Clair Dickson)
Scar Lover by Harry Crews (A.N. Smith)
Death of the Heart by Elizabeth Bowen (Sandra Scoppettone)
The Dog of the South by Charles Portis (Patrick Shawn Bagley)
Dust Devils by James Reasoner (Sandra Ruttan)
The God Files by Frank Turner (Brian Lindenmuth)
Don't Let's Go to the Dog Tonight by Alexandria Fuller (Josephine Damian)
The Rock Orchard by Paula Wall (Travis Erwin)
When the Elephants Dance by Tess Uriza (Ello)
The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith (Eudamonia for All)
Desperate Characters by Paula Fox (Patti Abbott)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it says something (maybe a lot) about me, but as I reviewed the books that I have read in the last few weeks, months and years, they all are political.

Right now I am reading Tom Hartmann's "Craking the Code: How to Win Hearts, Change Minds, and Restore America's Vision." I also found Thomas Franks "What's the Matter with Kansas?" to be be quite insightful and fore telling.

Todd Mason said...

Clifford D. Simak, rather than Simack, Patti...an excellent notion, this, as I haven't mentioned previously, btw.

Todd Mason said...

And a typo on Portis.

I sure wish I could type...only sometimes do I remember to survey the damage before posting. Thick fingers, sleepy eyes.

NPR, THE MAGAZINE OF FANTASY AND SCIENCE FICTION, and TIN HOUSE are all doing this sort of thing, too, I'm sure among others, but no one has come up with a more enjoyable range of arguments for...

pattinase (abbott) said...

Read What's the Matter with Kansas and thought he really made some great points. Have to look at the other one.
Todd-thanks, I'll fix them. I really need to get up to snuff on sci-fi of which I am woefully ignorant.