Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Derringer

A flash fiction piece of mine that appeared in Muzzle Flash has been nominated for a Derringer Award from the Short Mystery Fiction Society. If you read the story, "My Hero," and liked it, you can vote for here: Or you can vote for one of the other outstanding stories in the flash fiction field. I think that's the one up there now. I hate to BSP, but.... https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.intl=us&.src=ygrp&.done=http%3a//groups.yahoo.com%2Fgroup%2FShortmystery%2Fsurveys%3Fid%3D2683108&rl=1

14 comments:

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Congratulations, Patti!

This is not BSP, this is the announcement of a great achievement, and is a well earned honor.

Terrie

Christa M. Miller said...

I am in complete agreement with Terrie. Honestly, it's about time your work was recognized like this!

Anonymous said...

Here's an unoriginal but nonetheless heartfelt thought: Congratulations and I hope you win!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Muchas gracias, amigos.

Ed Gorman said...

Cingratulations, Patti. Well-deserved. As is your appearance in our next year's finest collection-A Prisoner of memory coming from Pegasus in May.

Ed

pattinase (abbott) said...

Ed, my greatest moment. I plan to order at least ten copies.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Woohoo!!!

Congratulations. Excellent news!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, Stephen. And what a swell story in PWG.

paisley said...

well congrats on the nomination... i sure would like to read the story... could you post a link to it????

Anonymous said...

Great news for a great writer. Congrats, Patti

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks again, kind people.

Josephine Damian said...

Patti: Much congratulations on the nomination. Did not know that muzzleflash was associated with my new BFsF at OOTG!

I just joined that mystery group on yahoo. Thanks for turning me on to it.

Jeff Shelby said...

I'm way late - but CONGRATS!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Thanks, Jeff and Happy Birthday.