Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Wire

Even though I didn't fully understand a lot of the dialogue and even though every time money (even in the form of drug deals) came onto the scene, I tuned out, I loved this season of The Wire. My husband kept complaining about the lack of a larger arc but for me the arc was how we are throwing our children away. And what's bigger than that idea? Also it turned out to be a two-year arc, so there. I will truly miss it for the next year. It digs so much deeper than The Sopranos, for instance although I love that one too.

The best show on TV, hands down.

Five movies I have never seen and should--Lawrence of Arabia, A Clockwork Orange, 2001, On the Waterfront, Dr. Strangelove. How about you?

2 comments:

Maria said...

I've never seen the Wire. My cable love is Weeds on Showtime.

Five movies I haven't seen yet but want to: Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, Psycho, Star Wars, Rebel without a Cause.

Unknown said...

I've seen all the movies mentioned in the post and in the comment, but I've never seen The Wire.