Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Music to Excercise To

Or in my case, not music. At my gym, and I use that word loosely, most of the rats like to exercise to 1) Fox News 2) ESPN 3) the Golf Channel.
Me, I usually prefer old sitcoms like Raymond, Friends, Seinfeld, King of Queens. Shows that make me laugh. But last night I found the perfect accompaniment. So perfect, I hardly knew I was walking my mile. Humoresque. Watching Joan Crawford emote made me forget all my aches and pains. I had never thought of watching TCM at the gym. normally preferring to watch movies in their entirety. What do you watch?

Also-be a pal and come out and see Megan and Theresa in their book swing on the west coast. Here are the dates.

TexasMurder by the BookDate: Thursday, January 25, 2007Time: 6:30 pmLocation: 2342 Bissonnet Street, Houston TXContact: (713) 524-8597

Southern California
Mysterious Galaxy with Theresa Schwegel
Date: Friday, January 26, 2007
Time: 7 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact: (858) 268-4747

Mysteries to Die For with Theresa Schwegel
Date: Saturday, January 27, 2007
Time: 10:30AM
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Contact: (805) 374-0084

Mystery Bookstore with Theresa Schwegel and Charlie Huston Date: Saturday, January 27, 2007
Time: 2:30PM
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact: (310) 209-0415 Book Carnival with Theresa Schwegel
Date: Sunday, January 28, 2007
Time: 1PM
Location: Orange, CA
Contact: (714) 538-3210 Northern CaliforniaBook Passage with Theresa Schwegel
Date: Monday, January 29, 2007Time: 1PM
Location: Corte Madera, CA
Contact: (415) 927-0960 M is for Mystery with Theresa Schwegel
Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Time: 7PM
Location: San Mateo, CA
Contact: (650) 410-8077 SeattleThird Place Books with Theresa Schwegel and Naomi Hirahara
Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Time: 7PM
Location: Lake Forest Park, WA
Contact: (206) 366-3316 Left Coast Crime
17th Annual Western Mystery Fan Convention
Date: Thursday, February 1 through Sunday, February 4, 2007
Location: Renaissance Seattle Hotel
Panel: Noir: It's the New Black
Date: Saturday, February 3, 2007
Time: 10 am
Panelists: Con Lehane, Megan Abbott, Cornelia Read, Edward Wright,
Moderator Tim Wohlforth Seattle Mystery Bookstore with Theresa Schwegel
Date: Saturday, February 3, 2007
Time: 12-2PM
Location: 117 Cherry Street, Seattle
Contact: (206) 587-5737

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see, she has all these cool co-stars when she tours the fancy-schmancy west coast, but when she comes to Michigan she don't bring nobody. I see how we rate.

pattinase (abbott) said...

You'll have to the fancy-schmancy author with her in Michigan. Oh, and Mitch Bartoy will be with her in Romeo on Saturday and maybe at Aunt Agatha's on Thursday night.

Sandra Scoppettone said...

I go to Curves so I exercise to music I would never normally listen to. I couldn't tell you what it is...but it has a beat that makes you move. Me, I like music like Frank Sinatra, Chris Conners, Anita O'Day, etc. But I don't think I could exercise to them.

pattinase (abbott) said...

How is that Curves? I hate my gym. Nobody except me needs to be there for weight issues. Nobody just walks on the treadmill, they all run. Nobody wants to watch mindless sitcoms. Nobody just throw sneakers on and comes. They all have zippy gym togs. I am a working class girl in a upper class community.