Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I'm Linked

Now that I've asked Tribe to link me to his blog, I hope I can live up to it.
I'm trying to think of something meaningful to say, trying....trying...
Here's a question. Why didn't the Boulder prosecutors get a DNA sample in Thailand and prevent themselves from looking dumber than ever? I know they claim it was to prevent him from engaging in more pediphilia, but come on.
Reading Pelecanos' The Night Gardener. He does something I rarely do--well, besides writing fantastic novels instead of mediocre stories--he describes his characters physically in great depth. I rarely write physical descriptions, but maybe I should. Perhaps in a 5000 word story, you don't need to.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about having anything to say. I've had a blog for two years and can't think of a single important thing I've ever said. Welcome to the cool lunch table.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Oh,no. You have a great blog, which is entertaining and honest. I always read it. The romantic life of a twenty-something guy in AA. Who can resist?

pattinase (abbott) said...

I'm glad to know that because I hate writing them. I want the character to be just like you imagine him/her.

Maria said...

God, physical descriptions. I got hooked on Jonathan Kellerman novels young, too young, so I read them now even though the man Can.Not.Write. It's like that whole thing with William Shatner, where I developed a crush on him as a pre-teen before I had the presense of mind to understand the man cannot act. But whatever.

So Kellerman, every time he introduces a new character, we get two limp paragraphs of hackneyed description and you just want to smack him. Dude, break it up a bit.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Shatner did have something once upon a time. So did Tony Curtis, God help me. Now he seems...well, quite different. The falloff of estorgen/testocerone is nasty.

Maria said...

Oh, yeah, the Tony Curtis thing. Back in the day... woo.

Have you ever heard Chris do his impression? "Yonder is da cassle of my fadder." *snortgiggles*