Monday, May 20, 2013

Say Something Good About Detroit: FAYGO




If there is any commercial that reminds me of Detroit when my kids were growing up in the seventies and eighties, it is this one. The boat is the one that used to go from downtown Detroit to Boblo, a charming amusement park on the Detroit River between Canada and the U.S. The boat ride was half of the fun. It was a memory anyone from Detroit before the eighties shares.

Faygo is Detroit's own soda or pop as it is called here.

Now Boblo is an island full of very expensive houses. It could be worse, I guess.

3 comments:

Dana King said...

Faygo extends at least as far east as Pittsburgh. My mother still makes sure she has some Faygo root beer handy when I come home to visit. I love it.

BV Lawson said...

We used to get Faygo in East Tennessee! My father and I liked the grape best.

Todd Mason said...

Faygo available, at least spottily, on the East Coast.