Monday, June 04, 2007

A real live Detroit cop is having lunch with me

Or an ex Detroit cop at least. He's agreed to meet with me to help me get it right. Although I am knee-deep in those books that explain police procedural, something tells me that Detroit may do it differently. I tried to go to their website to see how the Department is organized, but it always claims it's being rebuilt. I guess that's appropos of everything here. Or at least that's what we're always told. If you think of any good questions to ask a cop investigating a homicide, let me know.

Saw the movie Knocked Up on Saturday night. I'd put the picture up but it crowds everything else out. It was funny and had some moments that rang true, but boy, was the plot generic. And boy, as my daughter said, when the director can make a movie about female geeks who find love with gorgeuous men, maybe we can take him seriously. His movies are every teenage geeky boy's wet dream.

Re: Megan. Jim Winter has a nice review of Queenpin in January Magazine. I'm not supposed to mention her here, so shhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh, those Sopranos. I am biting my nails until the finale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you done a ride along? They're free and should be available in your area. I did one last year––it was interesting, enlightenting and a little depressing. Must be tough to do it for a living.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I wonder if Detroit cops would allow it? I'll ask. Thanks for the idea.