Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Breach

Talk about a movie being completely dependent on one performance (Chris Cooper's)-this was it. The other performances seemed very dully conceived. When was a government boss not exactly like the Laura Linney character and when was a young agent not like Phillippe.
I also don't understand why Hansen was so susceptible to what seemed like the amateurish machinations of the younger O'Neil. If he had been able to outwit virtually every agent for twenty-years, why did he fail so badly here? The lure of a Catholic mentee couldn't be that blinding.
Perhaps someone who has read the book can enlighten us.
Best line: "I am much safer if you know little about me"

Walked around Belle Isle trying to steep myself in it for the novel. It truly makes me want to cry. If you're from Detroit, you know why and truly it's about poverty and not racism.
The one bright spot was the fabulous greenhouses. Truly amazing.

No comments: