Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Life at the Theater: THE RIDE DOWN MT. MORGAN


This was one of Arthur Miller's last plays and we saw it in Ann Arbor at the Performance Network in 2000. It concerned a bigamist, whose two wives confront each other when he is injured in a skying accident. The Performance Network is a lovely venue for plays-small, intimate and the quality is excellent.

As usual, Miller has meat in his plays although this was lighter than most. This played on Broadway with Patrick Stewart, who I imagine would be excellent. It was nominated for some Tonys too.

Never regret a Miller play and we will be seeing Death in two weeks from tonight with Philip Seymour Hoffman!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti - I've always thought Arthur Miller such a talented playwright. This is a play I haven't seen, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

SteveHL said...

I certainly admire your composure, Patti. I'm sure I would be much more upset if I thought I would be seeing Death in two weeks.