Thanks to Michael for this graphic from Newsweek.
1. Do you think you will be more/less likely to reread books on an e-reader?
2. Do you think coming upon old books will be less likely?
3. Will books seem more technological than personal and will that affect your relationship with them?
4. Will houses seem barren without them?
5. Why will there be libraries if we can get anything we want online? And if there are no libraries, will we be even more tied to our computers or computer-like gadgets?
6. What about bookstores? It seems to be we are throwing a lot of babies out with this bathwater.
7. Will book covers gradually retreat in importance?
8. What about book talks and book signings? What is there to sign? It seems to me authors will gradually become more anonymous as real books begin to disappear.
It seems to be that there are many negative issues associated with e-readers. These popped into my head in seconds. I know I can't turn back the clock, but must we let technology decide our future?