Monday, August 30, 2010
Five Books from the Year of Your Birth
This is sort of based on a challenge I saw on Kerrie Smith's blog--although slightly changed.
Pick five books from the year of your birth that say something about you, your world view and the books you love.
1. The Heart of the Matter, Graham Greene
2. The Naked and the Dead, Norman Mailer
3. The Franchise Affair, Josephine Tey
4. The Loved One, Evelyn Waugh
5. Raintree County, Ross Lockridge
All of these books come from writers I read extensively except for the the last, which was a one-hit wonder. What about you? Do you identify with books written in the year of your birth? All of these speak to me in terms of style, subject or substance. They were written in my comfort zone.