Tuesday, September 26, 2006

ThugLit is out

Steve Allen reminded me on his blog of all the people who read your story over time. The Imprint won a second place award at the North American Auto Show seven years ago. At that time my writing class read it and especially Chris Leland, the instructor and a wonderful writer. Then my first second writing group read it: Jane, Dennis and Bill. A few years later my third writing group read it: Anca, Anthony, Claire, Carol, Robin, Patrick, John, Jane, Suzanne and perhaps a few I'm missing. Then my fourth group read it two years ago: Dorene, David and Ksenia. Along the way my husband and daugher have read it. As well as my son, a prosecutor.
It is now the central story in my novel in stories although it ends very differently.
Thanks to these people who don't even know I'm thanking them here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story, patti. I'm glad to see you making an impression in the crime lit field. I still think you need to stick to your guns and try and sell the novel the way you like it.

Maria said...

I re-read it and thought the changes you made near the end made it even better than before. I find myself wanting to call Charlie up and see how he's doing these days.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Congrats on the story, Patti. Nicely done.