Monday, September 11, 2006

9-11 RIP

I have nothing profound to say about this date; I wish it had never happened; I wish we didn't respond to it through the agency of George Bush. I can't imagine a worse response. We went from victims to victimizers within months. We are now the most feared nation in the world.

The Kerrytown Bookfest was fun because I got to see three men and a woman I'm fond of: Tribe, Mrs. Tribe, Mitch Bartoy, and Bryon Quertermous. The actual panel was a bit predictable although to be fair, the crowd seemed to want answers to all those old questions. Crime writers are very entertaining and I am looking forward to Mark Billingham at Bouchercon already. Are the English born witty and urbane or do they learn it in school?

Thanks to Stephen Allan and Stephen Blackmoore, I think my rewrite of Monkey Justice is finally taking shape.

No comments: