Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Great Lines

Cornelia Read's got a ton of them in A Field of Darkess. I don't know if the crime part will pan out, but boy, this lady can write. She could be a contender for writing an updated version of His Girl Friday. She could be the queen of chick lit if there was any value in that.
I've even gotten past my disdain for books about the rich--well, almost. I had a specific line in mind when I started this, but lack of sleeps makes finding it difficult. Maybe later-or maybe not. Why should you get it for free?

4 comments:

Cornelia Read said...

Glad you're liking FIELD so far, and I hope the crime part pans out for you!

pattinase (abbott) said...

I have a feeling it will.

Maria said...

Lend me this one when you're through? (Or is it a library book?)

Finally finished Egan's The Keep this morning. Don't know what you'll think, but I loved it. The meta wasn't annoying at all, honest.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Please come down and see me. I miss you.