Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Tuesday Forgotten Movies: CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT



Barbara plays a food writer who is supposedly a farm wife when actually she is a single New Yorker. When her editor sends her a hungry sailor, trouble ensues. This is a most enjoyable Christmas movie despite the male lead being played by Dennis Morgan who is not Stanwyck's equal. She never did get the best leading men of her era though. I think Hollywood thought she was too much a leading man herself. One of my favorite holidays movies.


10 comments:

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Patti, I still have to watch this film. This Christmas is as good as any a time.

George said...

"Teaching her about men...The Navy Way!" They don't write blurbs like that anymore!

pattinase (abbott) said...

PC was late to come to Connecticut.
Hope you like it, Prashant.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, Patti: this is one I've not heard of before. But I do agree with you about Stanwyck. Glad you enjoyed this.

Deb said...

Back in the day, this would alternate with It's A Wonderful Life for "holiday viewing" during the Christmas season. I like this better--it's not as saccharine.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Stanwyck would see to that, Deb.

Jeff Meyerson said...

I have seen it but only once. No, Dennis Morgan was not her equal.

Rick Robinson said...

One of my favorites!

Charles Gramlich said...

I think I may have seen a version of this but don't have the faintest memories of what it was about really.

SteveHL said...

I haven't seen this, but I can recommend another Christmas movie with Stanwyck, Remember the Night. Her co-star is Fred McMurray. The first 15 minutes or so aren't very good but it gets better as it goes along.