Monday, December 28, 2015

This is from THE GRUB DAILY

The Drum (For more looks at Sound Quality, go here

Sound Quality: Megan Abbott's The Fever

We've all had that moment as readers when we stumble across a sentence in a novel or essay that sings to us from the page. There are sentences we want to wrap our tongues around, that we speak aloud just to revel in their aural qualities. For each installment of this brand new blog series, Henriette Lazaridis chooses a single sentence from a work of literature and shows us why it is music to our ears.
Part IV: "From Grit to Pearl": A sentence from Megan Abbott's The Fever


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fascinating series of posts! And how great that that sentence of Megan's was chosen!

Rick Robinson said...

That's way more analysis than I do when I read, it's like being back in college, with the professor talking about the insights of a poem. Sometimes I wonder how much I'm really missing by just following the story without analyzing the word flow as I go, but how much longer would it take me to read a book if I did?