Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Forgotten TV: JUDD FOR THE DEFENSE



This was a show about a defense attorney that was on from 1967-69 and put together by Paul Monash.

Judd was a Houston attorney who traveled across the country defending liberal causes such as the attempt to jail draft evaders. Carl Betz, coming off his Milquetoast role on THE DONNA REED SHOW, was fierce and sympathetic. The times were right, we loved this show. Probably would seem overly dramatic and hyperbolic today.The show channeled the careers of Percy Foreman and F. Lee Bailey and Foreman actually threatened a suit.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given Jackie's propensity for doctors and lawyers of course she loved this. It was definitely a big change from Betz's blah role on DONNA REED.


Jeff M.

Anonymous said...

Patti - I honestly don't think I ever saw this one. Interesting!

Sergio (Tipping My Fedora) said...

I love legal shows - but then, in a previous life I studied law, so ...

Randy Johnson said...

Remember this one well. After THE DEFENDERS, it was my favorite lawyer show.

Yvette said...

I don't remember this at all, but I know I must have watched it. I loved legal shows back then. Still do, actually. :)

Cap'n Bob said...

I was in the Army during that time but I remember the show even if I only saw it a couple of times.

Todd Mason said...

One I've known about for decades, but don't think I've yet seen.