Tuesday, October 30, 2012

How I Came to Write This Book: Fleur Bradley

                                           How I Came to Write This Book, Fleur Bradley





Double Vision is a story for reluctant boy readers, so when I tell people about the book, they assume I have boys. Actually, I have two daughters. But when I would go to my oldest's school for those open house type events, and she would get the teacher's praise, there was always that boy in the back of the classroom. Twinkle in his eye, a few friends in tow, watching. Waiting to see what trouble he'd get into.  

That's the kid I wanted to write a book for. Because that boy is probably a pain in the neck in the classroom, probably doesn't like to read all that much, but has plenty of skills. Just not the kind that will get you good grades in school.

Main character Linc Baker in Double Vision is that kid. After he gets into deep trouble, he ends up taking the place of a lookalike junior secret agent, goes to Paris, and uses those trouble making skills for good use. The story is fast-paced, fun--the kind of story that lets kids see that the class troublemaker could be a hero. 

I like the Linc Bakers of the world. I hope this book gets them reading.


Thanks, Patti!

Cheers,

Fleur
F.T. Bradley

Double Vision (Harper Children's, Oct '12)
ALEX RIDER meets THE DA VINCI CODE when a regular kid goes undercover in Paris...
Find out more about Linc and his first mission at www.doublevisionbooks.com

6 comments:

Gerard said...

On the shelf downstairs awaiting checkout.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like a very good reason to write it!

YA Sleuth said...

Thanks, all. Hope you enjoy, Gerard!

Loren Eaton said...

Time for me to head over to Amazon ...

BV Lawson said...

I'm all in favor of books that get young boys to read, Fleur! Sounds like a terrific book, and I hope it's a smashing success.

YA Sleuth said...

Thanks :-)