Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday Night Music: Norah Jones



This was the final song on BREAKING BAD on Sunday night. And if this isn't the best show on TV now and perhaps ever, I don't know what is. In this season's 13 episodes there was not a minute not full of nail-biting suspense. To be able to keep up that level of tension is truly a unique achievement. I can't think of a better way to have spent those 13 hours. Lots of my friends claim never to watch TV. But it turns out they watch sports or hours of Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews or Keith Oberman. Or they watch DVDs on TV most nights.

Let me say here that watching sports or news or movies is not a better use of your time. Just a different one.

Bravo to all the people who make this show what it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patti - I've heard so many good things about Breaking Bad. I'm glad it's as good as the hype says :-). I know what you mean about what "counts" as watching TV, too. Interesting point you make there...