Friday, July 23, 2010

The Summing Up, Friday, July 23, 2010


Phil's Garden

Check out my review of AJAMI-a real gem if you can find it or rent it. And THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE.












THE SUMMING UP, FRIDAY, JULY 23, 2010

Cameron Ashley, Guns, Ed McBain
Joe Barone, Valediction, Robert Parker
Paul Bishop, Thirty-Nine Steps, John Buchan
Bill Crider, The Greatest Crime, Sloan Wilson
Scott Cupp, A Mirror for Observers, Edgar Pangborn
Martin Edwards, The Small Hours of the Morning, Margaret Yorke
Christopher Fowler, Here, Away from it All, Maryann Forrest
Cullen Gallagher, The Song Saturday Night, Charles Williams
Ed Gorman, Plunder Squad, Richard Stark
Glenn Harper, Money to Burn, Ricardo Piglia
Randy Johnson, Capture the Saint, Burl Barer
George Kelley, The Dark Country, Dennis Etchinson
K.A. Laity, You Can't Do Both, Kingsley Amis
B.V. Lawson, The Habit of Fear, Dorothy Salisbury Davis
Frank Loose, The Blue Room, Georges Simenon
Evan Lewis, Seven Slayers, Paul Cain
Steve Lewis/Max Collins, The Hoods, Harry Grey
Brian Lindenmuth: List of Forgotten Books for Future Review
Todd Mason, Superhorror, edited Ramsey Campbell; The Moon's Wife, A. A. Attanasio
Terrie Moran, Mongoose, R.I.P, William Buckley
James Reasoner, Malai Woman, A.S. Fleischman
Richard Robinson, Iron Lake, William Kent Krueger
Pete Rozovsky, Song Dog, James McClure
Kerrie Smith, Case for Three Detectives, Leo Bruce
Kevin Tipple, Jasmine's Fate, Randy Rawls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, especially your short book reviews. I just read Stark's The Handle, which I thought was fantastic, tight as a drum. I have slowly been tracking all the Parker books down and I reckon is one of the best. I would love to review it for Forgotten Friday books. If not that one, then maybe another sometime.

About me. I'm a Melbourne-based writer and film buff. You check out some of my work at my new blog dedicated to crime books and films http://pulpcurry.wordpress.com/

Thanks,

Andrew