Sunday, January 20, 2008

Thirteen Months

We got our first opportunity to babysit for our grandson at our house for an extended period of time and we learned just what things he likes to do: try to fit a small ball into every cubbyhole and bowl in the house; dance madly spinning around and looking upward, arms stretched to Stephane Grappelli's "Night and Day," grab CDs out of the CD stand and watch us change them, push every button on every machine in the house (how do you get you TV off of anagram and back to digitial?) say woof, woof, climb up and down the stairs, always teetering on the top step for a minute, go up the steps with things in both hands which he puts on the step above him, climbs up, picks them up and repeats. And when we all got very tired, watch Barney and Teletubbies. He only likes the puppets though.

4 comments:

Graham Powell said...

I think you meant your TV is set to analog. But I would pay good money for a TV I could set to anagram.

pattinase (abbott) said...

That shows you where I am technologically, still looking for words and not signals.

Anonymous said...

Hello All:

I am Kevin's other grandfather and my wife and I have also had the opportunity to enjoy the non-stop, perpetual motion activities of darling Kevin. I agree that every button on every appliance and every device that has a button must be pressed and not just once, but over and over again. Twenty pounds of pure lovable and exhausting joy.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Amen, Grandpa.