Wednesday, April 12, 2017

S-Town Podcast

https://stownpodcast.org/


I just finished the seven parts of S-Town, which is an NPR production. It follows SERIAL of two years ago and something last year I missed. In S-Town, a reporter is lured down to Rockport, Alabama to hear the musings of John, an eccentric backwoods brainiac who believes a murder has taken place. Or does he? Over the course of seven episodes what this story is about changes in almost every episode. It is fascinating and troubling. Riveting and queasy-making. Where the story goes seems to verge on unethical journalism. I can't say much more without it constituting spoilers, but it certainly rivals any book you hold in your hands.

Do you listen to podcasts? They make good walking shows for me. And also they are good for housecleaning. Apparently I need constant stimulation or I hear the crickets in my head.


4 comments:

Jeff Meyerson said...

No, never. I just listen to the crickets.

;)

pattinase (abbott) said...

My crickets must be louder than yours.

Jeff Meyerson said...

Actually, Jackie has been complaining about noises like that in her ear of late.

Getting older is not a lot of fun.

Todd Mason said...

Should I be happy about urging you to check into podcasts years ago? I'm listening to the 300th episode of THE LONG SHOT as I type...