Sunday, March 15, 2015

One-Hit wonders-TELESTAR The Tornados (1962)


Jeffrey Meyerson said...

This was the first U.S. #1 song by a British pop group. While they were indeed a "one-hit wonder" in the U. S. they had other hits in Britain.

You should check out TELSTAR: THE JOE MEEKS STORY, about the British music scene in the early 1960s and the guy who produced the record. Con O'Neill plays the lead role and Kevin Spacey has a smaller role as his business partner.

Jeff M.

Margot Kinberg said...

Oh, my goodness, I'd completely forgotten about this one!!

Charles Gramlich said...

It looked from feedly that you'd put up a post about the song 2525 but I don't see it now. I like that song very much.

pattinase (abbott) said...

This one carries me right back to a time and place.
I put that up in the past by mistake, Charles. It will be up again this week.