Monday, May 26, 2008

Workspace Meme





Clair Dickson tagged me with this meme:

There are only a few guidelines:

1) You must take a photo of your workspace and post it to your blog.

2) You must provide a few words about it.

3) You must NOT tidy, clean or otherwise stage the workspace - it must be EXACTLY as it usually is (you can see that I followed this rule
religiously).

4) (Optional) You can tag someone.





Okay, third and fourth pictures on here are my husband's office but I'm actually at that desk more than at mine since the treadmill moved in and gave me claustrophobia. We had to put it in my room because we had to have a tv to watch while we tread and the cable was in there.

So as soon as he takes off, I sneak in and use the brighter office with more room, more light. In my office I have two tables, one with a PC with Internet and one without for when I'm really trying to work. It's a dull room. It needs to be as I'm so distractable.

Both offices are cleaner than usual because we had company come over Memorial Day. But mine never is too cluttered because it's too damned small for much clutter. The bookcase mostly holds technical books.
Please don't fault my husband for having the better office. He's written fourteen books and forty articles. I've written no books. He'd gladly switch offices with me.

I'm not tagging anyone but I encourage you to play. Here's a cool site on The Guardian with lots of British writers' offices if you haven't seen it. http://books.guardian.co.uk/writersrooms



6 comments:

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Hi Patti,

You guys have great offices. I would play but I don't own a camera. (I know-heresy for a grandma, but still, I don't own a camera.)

I have an 8 1/2 X 12 office/guestroom/grand-kids toy room. My one splurge is a $100 linen bulletin board from Pottery Barn, otherwise, I have a small computer table--top only holds the monitor and printer, a small plastic file cabinet and I use the guest bed as a desk top. (Criss cross plies of whater I am working on and not ready for the cabinet file folders.

If I did own a camera, I actually wouldn't mind taking a picture right now as I have it pretty well cleaned up and emptied out because the carpet cleaners are coming this week.

Terrie

pattinase (abbott) said...

You can get a disposable digital at CVS pretty cheaply and see if you like it. Oh, the carpet cleaners. I really need to do that!

Daniel Hatadi said...

Love the keyboard stand! I may have to tag myself with this, a good reason to practice getting night shots with my new camera...

pattinase (abbott) said...

Never tried night shots. We've never actually read the instruction manual.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Hi Patti,

Thanks for the advice re: disposable digital. I did not realize that the throwaways come in digital now. It's been years since I bought one.

I am not big on modern stuff and don't even have cable tv, although I'll probably get it since I have to replace both my televisions soon since the world is going HD next February. I may as well upgrade the whole package.

I may try a disposible but, generally, I am content to let other people take the pictures and email copies to me.

Terrie

pattinase (abbott) said...

They even have disposable movie cameras now. Not that I've used one.
We hardly ever use a camera except on trips and when my grandson is around.
Nice to be able to store them on the computer and use them as background.