Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Meme (with my apologies)

The tag: (from Sandra Ruttan)

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

A Meme about Various Things
What were you doing ten years ago?
I was thinking that I wasn't a very good poet and maybe I should try short stories. I was living in Amsterdam for six months which was great fun.

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
Go out to breakfast. Go help my husband pick up nursery plants and maybe a flowering tree. Read a ms. someone sent me for my thoughts on Detroit sections. Write a blog entry for My Town Monday about Detroit, finishing cleaning the third floor for an explosion of relatives arriving next week.

What are some snacks you enjoy?
Popcorn, olives, carrots, twizzlers, almonds.

What would you do if you were a billionaire?
I would get advice from someone on how to distribute it. Truly that's too much money to contemplate spending. I would probably travel a bit more.

What are five places where you have lived?
Philadelphia, Wenham, MA, New Brunswick, NJ., Manchester, England, Amsterdam.

What are five jobs you have had?
Waitress, Service Rep. for At& T, Copy Editor and Index Maker, Secretary, Writer (Fancy stuff, right?)

What were the last five books you read?
Pictures of a Revolution (Harris), Olive Kitteredge (Strout) Speed Queen (O'Nan), A Hell of a Woman (Abbott), Sleeping Dogs (Gorman)

What are five web sites you visit daily (in no particular order)?
Crimespot
Rap Sheet
Confessions of an Idiosyncratic Mind
Rotten Tomatoes
Weather.com

Tag 5 People
Gerald, Clair, Steve, Josephine, Megan (not mine)
... with my apologies. :)

5 comments:

Josephine Damian said...

My answer to the first question will be a big reality check to all my writer friends who just got agents.

Whadaya mean, I'm not in your top five daily blog stroll?

A week and a day later and you'd have missed me on this one. Blog hiatus startd Memorial Day!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Josephine-I tried not to mention any individual blogs. A blog hiatus is your best idea yet from a girl full of best ideas. I need one too.

Josephine Damian said...

Ah.. I know you have lots of friends and are too smart to play favorites.

Anyway, I'm in:

http://josephinedamian.blogspot.com/2008/05/meme-about-various-things.html


I've already uploaded my break post in the automated post queque - it says I have the feeling that now that I'm taking a summer hiatus - many more will feel free to follow suit.

After I posted the Donald "itch" comment, I noticed a lot of people took it to heart and cut back on blogging. I predict hiatus mania will start next Monday once I announce mine.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Don't count on it. Aldo, Gerald and I just decided to have another flash fiction challenge. You gotta do that at least.

Clair D. said...

Okay, Patti, I've got my Meme up.