Thursday, March 15, 2007

Does Amazon have intuitive powers?

Okay, is it just me or has Amazon begun to pick up on books you might want to read and started featuring them on your amazon homepage. Today I was looking for novels on sixties radicalism for my husband on crimespace and some of the ones mentioned appeared without my searching for them. No kidding. It's like I searched for one and the rest of them magically appeared. This has happened before. A few days ago I said I was looking forward to reading Priest by Ken Bruen and there it was the next time I opened Amazon. It's pretty freaky. And it's not just with books. I mentioned aloud that I need a new pair of walking shoes and bingo, there's a shoe by Merrill on the site. Or I hear bits of the soundtrack from Pan's Labyrinth on NPR and--well, you know. Is it just me?

Are you going to write this story or should I?

1 comment:

Maria said...

Write it! ;-)