Monday, August 17, 2015

Marshal Zeringue's Book Shelf

 What books are currently on your nightstand?

Recently read but not yet put away: Wallace Stroby's The Devil's Share, Elizabeth Wein's Code Name Verity, Rebecca Makkai's The Hundred-Year House, Evelyn Waugh's A Handful of Dust; currently reading: Ted Kosmatka's The Flicker Men; next up: Gene Kerrigan’s The Rage.

Who is your all-time favorite novelist?

Tolstoy.

What book might we be surprised to find on your shelves?

Just this week I was surprised to run across Susie Boyt's My Judy Garland Life in my collection. Not (I thought) my kind of book at all; for starters, I care nothing about Judy Garland's life or her followers' obsession. And yet I was utterly enchanted by Boyt's gem of a mini-memoir.

Who is your favorite fictional character?

Kate Atkinson's Jackson Brodie.

What book do you return to?


I love to re-read. The books I've read the most times are probably Anna Karenina, Penelope Fitzgerald's The Blue Flower, The Iliad, and every Elmore Leonard novel.


Marshall Zeringue is the host of many online sites that present writers to the public. These include Page 69 test; The Book, The Movie, and Writers Read.

He is a writer-producer at Darkbloomz Productions and the author of Running Down A Dream, The Last Mardi Gras, Hadji Murat, and other screenplays.

His stage-plays include George and Charlotte and The Single Guy.


2 comments:

Jeff Meyerson said...

Loved that Stroby book. Glad to see the "book shelf" series continuing,


Jeff M.

Charles Gramlich said...

I keep saying I'm going to read Tolstoy one of these days. Perhaps I should just admit to myself that it ain't gonna happen. :)